Do you find yourself in a normal state of mind? What exactly is a normal state of mind? Are we all here just munching on stale grass?

Saturday, June 03, 2006

What I think but cant say

I'm tired today. I want to have strength beyond belief to be everything for you both. I'm just tired today. I won't be the normal loving person today. I am not interested in games or movies or working the new toys today. I just need a few minutes alone.

Please understand that it has nothing to do with you, I am just tired. I don't mean anything by it, I just need some alone time today.

So lay on the bed with me, watch Sweethome Alabama with me if you want to, but please hold off on all the questions about life today. The teacher just wants to relax for the day. I'll go back to answering them all tomorrow every 5 minutes as I normally do, but today, I want a break from the questions.

So what do I do? What every mother finds in the pit of her being and brings it forward. I continue to answer the questions and watch your tv shows with you that you love even if we have seen it 5 times this week. I cook a good meal and clean the table afterwards thinking all the while how nice it would be for us all to just relax and watch a family movie together. I smile and ask you how your day was. I laugh at your jokes and comment on how beautiful and smart you both are.

Then, when its bath time, I sit here in front of the computer to catch up on a week's worth of email. All the while, knowing I am so tired.

No comments: